Sunset, Hudson Valley
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Hilly country with a lake in the right foreground, and a house and barn at left. Clear, yellow sky seen in a stripe on the horizon. Dark clouds reddened at the fringes with some patches of blue. Bottom margin, shiny creamy grounding color.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Frederic Edwin Church, American, 1826–1900
- ca. 1845
- Credit Line
- Gift of Louis P. Church
- Brush and oil, graphite on cardboard
- 20.3 × 31.8 cm (8 in. × 12 1/2 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.