- Recto: a trail in the foreground opens to a view of a valley with a rushing stream, leading to mountains in the distance.
- Verso: profile outlines of mountain.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Thomas Moran, American, b. Britain, 1837–1926
- Credit Line
- Gift of Thomas Moran
- Brush and watercolor, white gouache, graphite on gray wove paper
- 23.8 x 32 cm (9 3/8 x 12 5/8 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.