- At the bottom of two converging mountain chains, a gorge is bisected by a stream.
- Verso: a horizontal view of mountain range beyond a double railway track; same site as recto, but from a different vantage point.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Thomas Moran, American, b. Britain, 1837–1926
- ca. 1881
- Credit Line
- Gift of Thomas Moran
- Brush and black, brown and blue ink washes, white gouache, graphite on buff wove paper Verso: Graphite with touches of brush and white gouache on tan wove paper
- 31.9 x 24.1 cm (12 9/16 x 9 1/2 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.