Punched cards for computer art by Frederick Hammersley
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 3 artifact ; 9 x 19 cm. (cards); 28 x 38 cm. (accompanying typed sheet)
- Two punched cards from the University of New Mexico Computing Center which, when laid on top of one another, provide data to a computer to create a "drawing" designed by Frederick Hammersley.
Accompanied by a typewritten sheet on which Hammersley describes his process for making this computer art (description dated 1992 July 11).
View 3 shows the two cards laid on top of one another.
- University of New Mexico and Frederick Hammersley. Punched cards for computer art by Frederick Hammersley, 1969 Mar. 20. Frederick Hammersley papers, circa 1860-2009. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Data Source
- Archives of American Art
- University of New Mexico
- Hammersley, Frederick, 1919-2009
- 1969 Mar. 20